|ITDA Specialist, Training (ICT, UI/UX)||Full Time|
Reporting to the Head of Department for IT and Design Academy, this role provides technical leadership in both User Interface and User Experience Design in web and other mediums to Pathlight School and Autism Resource Centre (Singapore). This role also provides vast opportunity to impart knowledge, share talent to our next generation of learners and create a lasting impact on the special needs community.
1. UI/UX DESIGN
1.1. Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems
1.2. Propose, produce and design working prototype in web or mobile applications for internal and external communications purposes, including the usage of interactive media and digital media
1.3. Create wireframes, storyboards, userflows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
1.4. Build clickable working prototype on design iterations through incorporating User Experience principles to demonstrate UI flows and mocks
1.5. Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
2. ICT TRAINING – GENERAL ICT
2.1. Conceptualize, Develop and conduct ICT Training courses for students, teachers and school staff. This includes, but not limited to daily classes, CCAs, holiday workshops.
2.2. Propose and Set Educational Targets (e.g. Pre/Post Scores) for students which are consistently used as a basis for assessment review to facilitate learning within the Learning Domain and monitoring of progress;
2.3. Conduct rubrics-based regular assessments to ensure Students’ Educational Targets are met;
2.4. Regular secure archiving of students’ work as part of School’s Students’ Portfolio Building SOP;
2.5. Provide timely and accurate quality written reports on students’ work and progress of students’ learning (e.g. Parents Communication Updates, etc).
3. SUPPORT – Web Services and Applications (Onsite & Offsite)
3.1. Provide 2nd line support for all web services and applications when necessary which includes but not limited to, Social Media, Websites, In-House Applications and Other IT Projects
3.2. To support and work with IT Team on projects.
4. SUPPORT - IT, AV & General Office (with IT Team)
4.1. Provide 2nd line support for all Campuses and Satellite sites when necessary.
5.1. Support HOD in being the bridge and liaison person with stakeholders in ensuring Schoolwide strategic plans and projects are on track on target.
5.2. Recognize and implement continuous and necessary improvements semi-annually to the existing school ICT training and UI/UX design.
6.1. A member of the ITDA team who is
- involved in relating relevant information to all staff and,
- serves as one of a point of contact for staff on any ITDA matters
6.2. Responds/acts on leader's direction.
7. INTERNAL OPERATIONS
7.1. Regularly gives status reports across projects and addresses issues as appropriate
7.2. Complies with and helps to enforce standard school policies.
Any other responsibilities as assigned by Head of Department
- A Bachelor degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related
- 2 to 3 years’ experience as a UI/UX designer and demonstrate UI design skills with a compelling portfolio.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in native mobile development projects
- Robust experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, userflows, process flows and site maps
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, or any other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Proficient in HTML, CSS and related tools for rapid prototyping
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders as well as to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in conducting training and knowledge sharing of technical expertise to an audience of learners
Apply for this Position:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.